Coastal Community Foundation’s investment philosophy has two key objectives:
- to provide sufficient income for current charitable support to preserve the purchasing power of the Foundation’s assets through capital appreciation
- The Foundation’s prudent investment policy allows the Board to meet the goal of providing for current charitable needs while maintaining and enhancing long-term purchasing power.
The Foundation’s assets have been professionally managed by a local firm, Dowling & Yahnke, that has been in business since 1991. The emphasis in on low-cost, passive, long-term investment. The investment allocation currently is:
- 5% Cash and cash equivalents
- 35% Fixed Income (High short to intermediate-term bonds)
- 60% Stocks (Exposure to Large US, Small US and Foreign Stocks, Real Estate Securities)
The following is the Foundation’s net investment performance over the past ten years: